80 g of almonds (ground) or almond flour
80 g of potato starch
70 g of caster sugar or any preferred sweetener
2 kg cooking apples
100 g brown sugar
150 g clear jelly powder
1. Peel and cut in chunks apples, cook them in the pot on a small flame with 200 ml water and 100 g brown sugar.
2. When apples will reach the pulp stage add jelly powder, stir it to dissolve jelly and put it aside to cool down.
3. Preheat the oven to approx. 170 degrees.
4. Cover 2 flat baking trays with baking paper.
5. Beat the yolks with sugar or sweetener until light, fluffy. Add ground almonds, sifted potato starch.
6. Beat egg whites into the stiff foam - just like a cloud. Do not overbeat the whites, because hard, very stiff foam is also not the best.
7. Combine it gently with a wooden spoon with the yolk mass with movements up and down.
8. Divide the dough into two trays, put it in the oven and bake it for about 15 - 20 minutes.
9. Remove the baking paper once is ready and let it cool.
10. Place your cooled fruit and jelly mix on top of the first sponge base, then cover with the second sponge base.
11.Cover with lemon icing and dry fruits ( I have used dry mango, cherries and almonds)
12. Let it sit for an hour in the fridge.