4 large potatoes (about 500 grams), peeled and quartered
2 tablespoon olive oil (any kind will do)Freshly ground black pepper (I use lots of it)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon of salt, depending on preference, plus additional to season the water for cooking gnocchi
1 tbsp paprika
350 grams plain gluten-free flour, plus additional for dusting work surface
100 ml plant cream
200 grams chantarelle mushrooms (small if possible)
1. Cook potatoes, drain add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of salt, freshly ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil and mash them.
2. Taste to make sure the potato mixture is seasoned to your liking. Allow to cool off before handling. Leave it out on the stove for about 15-20 minutes to cool off.
3. While the potato mixture is cooling, bring large pot of water to a boil for the dumplings.
4. While the water is heating up, make the dumplings.
5. To the prepared potato mixture, add flour and mix well. If mixture is to wet and sticky continue adding more flour, gradually until the the dough is no longer sticky, but
not too dry neither.
6. Knead and transfer the dough to a floured surface.
7. Divide it into 4 equal parts and make long logs out of each one.
8. Cut each log diagonally to make dumplings and set aside.
9. Once the water is boiling, season with salt, lower the heat to medium-high and add the dumplings.
10. Boil the dumplings from one log at a time, until they float to the top, about 3-4 minutes.
11. Do not crowd the pot. Use a slotted spoon to remove cooked dumplings and set them on a plate.
12. Continue cooking until you have no dough left.
Chantarelle sauce :
1. First, peel 1 clove of garlic and chop it finely
2. Place it in a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil
3. Add chantarelle mushrooms and paprika
4. As soon as the mushrooms are lightly browned, add 1/2 liter of vegan broth and 100 ml vegan cream
5. Add cornflour mixed with little bit of water and keep stirring until the mixture has taken on the appearance of a creamy substance.
6. Cook the sauce over small heat for another 1-2 minutes.
7. You can remove few chantarelle mushroom before making the sauce to decorate plate