1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 bell peppers, cut in chunky pieces
1 aubergine (eggplant),cut in chunky dice
3 garlic cloves, minced
2-inch fresh ginger, minced
green beans ( 1 packet or bunch),cut in half or in third depends how long they are
2 tbsp curry powder
½ tsp cumin powder
400 ml (14 fl. oz.) canned coconut milk
½ cup crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
454 g extra firm plain tofu, chopped into 1-inch cubes
1 lime, zest and juice
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Serve with cooked rice.
1. In a large pan at medium-high heat, add vegetable oil, then sauté the onions, aubergine, green beans and peppers with salt and pepper, until vegetables are nearly
2. Stir in the garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and cumin until fragrant, around one or two minutes.
3. Reduce to low heat. Stir in the coconut milk, crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste until fragrant, around one or two minutes.
4. Add the tofu and toss to coat with the sauce.
5. Bring the curry to a boil before reducing to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Then stir in lime zest, and lime juice.
Serve with Thai rice noodles or rice