200 grams quinoa
400 ml water
200 grams fresh pumpkin cut into small dices
1 handful of preferred nuts
1 handful of dried cranberries
2 tbsp honey
1tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp g/f mango chutney
1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
1. Cook quinoa. Use twice as much water as quinoa, as usual, then cook uncovered until the quinoa has absorbed all the water. The cooking time will vary based on quantity.
2. Once the water is all absorbed, remove the pot from heat, cover it and let the quinoa steam for 5 minutes.
3. Roast the pumpkin: on a lined roasting tray, toss diced pumpkin with mix of olive oil, honey, mango chutney and cinnamon
4. Arrange in a single layer and bake for 20 – 25 minutes in 190` C (depends on oven), stirring once or twice.
5. Pull roasting tray from the oven, add the cranberries and nuts to the tray to soften.
6. In a mixing bowl, add the cooked quinoa, pumpkin with honey and cinnamon and nuts, toss well .