220 grams (1 cup) polenta
2 peppers (1 red and 1 yellow)
3 stalks celery
1 red onion
3 tablespoons of olive oil
16 black olives
1 bunch basil, do not chop finely
For the dressing:
40 ml of olive oil
60 ml of good quality balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon of honey
15 ml of water
1/4 teaspoon garlic puree
Pesto di rucola ( Rocket and almond pesto)
50 g fresh rocket leaves
a clove of garlic
100 g organic extra virgin olive oil
30 g of almonds
a pinch of salt to taste
Wash and dry the rocket and then pat it well with a paper towel
Peel the garlic and remove the internal sprout.
If you have time, put the mug of the immersion blender in the refrigerator.
Put the almonds and garlic in the jug, salt and blend until is smooth, add the leaves and a little oil, blend, and continue with the oil until you have a nice smooth cream.
Can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days.
1. Place stock and 500ml cold water in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to the boil. Gradually stir in polenta. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until polenta is thick. Season.
3. Spoon polenta into a baking paper-lined 20cm round cake pan. Smooth surface. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until set.
4. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
5. Line 3 large baking trays with baking paper.
6. Cut all vegetables in chunky dice
7Combine peppers, zucchini, celery and onion in a large bowl.
8. Add oil and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
9. Divide vegetable mixture between 2 prepared baking trays.
10. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are golden and tender.
11. Meanwhile, remove set polenta from pan. Cut into dices.
12. Place on remaining prepared baking tray. Lightly spray with oil.
13. Roast with vegetables for 25 minutes, turning once, or until golden and crisp.
14. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing.
15. Place mix of green leaves in the large bowl
16. Put the roasted vegetables , polenta and olives on top. Pour over the dressing and toss.
This time I have prepared for you a vegan bowl in Italian style with typical Italian ingredients. Polenta, juicy peppers, zucchini, aubergine and variety of green leaves. The whole thing is sprinkled with balsamic dressing or pesto di rucola. As with any bowl of variety, you can also use all the vegetables you like here, just bake them or flash fry them quickly in a pan. In Italian cuisine so many vegetables are used that whatever you would give, except maybe the exotic, it will still be Italian style :-)You can use any other vegetables. In addition, roasted pumpkin seeds will work very well here.