1 litre of broth (chicken or vegetable) + a small pinch of saffron
400 g of chicken breast
1 red pepper
bunch of flat green beans
2 cloves of garlic
1 large tomato
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika powder (smoked or sweet)
1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/3 cup of white wine
4 tablespoons of tomato sauce (passata) or 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
300 g Arborio rice (as for risotto) or Calasparra or Carnaroli
1. Prepare the broth and boil it together with the saffron (it should be hot before adding to the paella).
2. Dice the chicken into 1.5 cm cubes.
3. Dice the vegetables (peppers, zucchini and scalded and peeled tomato).
4. Cut flat green beans into small rectangles
5. Chop the garlic into thin slices.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan, 26 cm in diameter.
7. Add chicken and sauté.
8. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, chopped vegetables and garlic, a pinch of salt and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
9. Add paprika powder, pour in wine, mix and cook for 2 minutes until the wine evaporates.
10. Add the tomato sauce, then add the rice and fry for 2 minutes while stirring.
11. Pour in the drained broth, mix and bring to a boil.
12. Cook without stirring for 8 minutes. Set aside from heat and keep covered for another 2 minutes.
13. Remove the foil and serve. Optionally, you can pour extra virgin olive oil mixed with chopped parsley and grated garlic.