300 g eggs
180 g sugar
140 g rice flour
40 g corn flour
60 g cocoa
4 tsp gluten-free baking powder
90 g water
90 g Essence Butter Oil
Lavender Extract – Similar to vanilla extract, lavender extract gives the cake a fresh lavender flavour.
Culinary Lavender – Use certified organic, 100% raw lavender flowers that are made for baking and cooking.
Vanilla extract and Lavender extract.
To make the sponge cake:
If you plan to frost and decorate the cake on the same day, you can place the cakes into the freezer unwrapped for about an hour or until they are cold (but not frozen).
If you plan on freezing your cake for later decoration, wrap it in plastic before freezing
To make Lavender syrup for your cake, you'll need water, sugar, and dried lavender.
1. Put these ingredients into a small saucepan and let them simmer for about 10 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Once it's done, remove from heat and let it cool.
3. Strain the dried lavender out so you just have the syrup
Add few drops of lavender and vanilla extract to buttercream
Layering and Buttering Cakes.
1. To start, cut off the rounded top part of your cake layers.
It's important not to trim off the sides of the cake as they help retain moisture. With a naked cake, the sides are not covered in buttercream, which can cause the cake to dry out more quickly.
2. Using an offset spatula, spread a thin layer of buttercream that should be ¼″ to ½" thick on top of the cake.
When applying buttercream to the cake, spread it evenly to avoid large bumps.
3. Place one cake layer on a cake board or serving plate and spread a layer of buttercream.
4. Then, repeat this process with the second cake layer and add the final layer.
5. Spread a skinny layer of buttercream around the sides and top of the cake. This will help seal in the moisture by filling in the tiny air bubbles of the cake.
6. Next, use a bench scraper to remove the excess buttercream from the sides of the cake, creating a smooth and even surface.
7. Finally, use a spatula to smooth out the buttercream on the cake.
Repeat this process for any additional cakes you have, depending on how many separate tiers your naked wedding cake has. Place your cake tiers into the fridge for at least an hour to allow them to settle before decorating.
It's recommended to refrigerate them overnight to prevent cracking in the buttercream later.