6 chicken thighs skinless
6 gluten-free tortillas
1 tin sweetcorn
1 bunch rocket (rucola)
2 packets Greek Gyros seasoning (30 grams)
200 ml Greek Yoghurt
1 bunch fresh dill
50 ml olive oil
salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, 1 clove fresh garlic
1. Cut the chicken thighs into thin strips.
2. Mix the chicken strips with some olive oil and gyro seasoning in a bowl.
3. Preheat your oven and place the seasoned chicken strips in a baking tray.
4. Bake the chicken in the oven for 10 minutes at a temperature of 200°C.
5. Open the sweetcorn can and drain the water.
6. Preheat some olive oil in a frying pan and add the sweetcorn, a pinch of salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Stir everything together and fry for 1-2 minutes while continuously stirring.
7. You can either bake tortilla baskets in the oven while baking the chicken, or you can prepare them earlier. (You need a specific form to bake baskets in the oven. Please follow the link below for more information)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hinmay-Non-Stick-Fluted-Tortilla-Tostada/dp/B07D1MF7DL/ref=sr_1_3?crid=14VCTPGJRH708&keywords=tortilla+basket+shaper&qid= 1648257738&sprefix=tortilla+ basket+%2Caps%2C286&sr=8-
8. Slice the other half of the cucumber, shred the lettuce, wash rocket (rucola) and dill.
9. Layer the meat, vegetables, and sauce in the tortilla baskets in the following order: lettuce, sweetcorn, meat, sauce, thinly sliced cucumber, rocket (rucola), meat, and sauce again.
Now, let's move on to the delicious tzatziki sauce:
1. Use a grater to grate half of the cucumber into a small bowl and add a pinch of salt. Mix it well and let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes. This will help draw out the water from the cucumber, so we don’t have a watery tzatziki sauce. Pour out the water from the cucumber.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the yogurt with a pinch of cayenne pepper, one clove of minced garlic, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, dill, a pinch of salt, and the grated cucumber. Stir everything well and adjust with salt and pepper as necessary.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Enjoy your delicious chicken tortilla baskets with tzatziki sauce!