1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vegan spread
400g/14oz mushrooms, halved
2 red onions, chopped
1 red pepper cut into strips ( optionally )
150 g frozen peas ( optionally )
2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
300ml/10fl oz oat milk ( I use Alpro )
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp sweet paprika
250ml/9fl oz plant cream
small handful of chopped tarragon or parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp cornflour (corn starch)
1. Heat the oil and butter in a wide, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
2. Add the chicken strips , garlic and sweet paprika stir-fry for 6–7 minutes, or until lightly browned.
3. Add peppers stir-fry for 3-4 minutes
4. Add the mushrooms and red onions and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown.
5. Pour in the oat milk, plant cream and mustard and season well with salt and pepper.
6. Add chopped tarragon or parsley and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally
7. Add corn flour dissolved in little bit of cold water ,pour into sauce and keep stirring until the sauce has thickened.
8. Check the seasoning and add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve with rice or g/f pasta