2 kg of tomatoes
2 teaspoons of salt (more or less to taste)
300g of smoked prunes or regular prunes and 2 tsp smoky paprika
200-250 grams muscovado sugar
3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
950 g of tomato paste
2 heaped tablespoons of sweet paprika
5 tablespoons of oil
Homemade BBQ sauce:
1. Peel the tomatoes
2. Slice the onions and fry in oil until golden
3. Add mashed tomatoes, smoked plums, salt, sugar, vinegar and paprika to the fried onion
4. Mix it very thoroughly and cook, covered, for 40 minutes.
5. Blend future BBQ sauce with a blender, add tomato paste, mix and cook until boiling again.
6. You can serve the BBQ sauce with sandwiches, vegetables, and as a
marinade for meat, cheese and eggplants.
Serve with any stir fried vegetables (I used green vegetables stir fried with Chinese five spice) and sweet potato chips au gratin (sprinkled with gluten free breadcrumbs)