1 Sweet cabbage
100 ml lemon juice
80-100 ml vegetable oil
Your preferred sweetener (equivalent of 1-2 tbsp sugar)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
1. Remove the darker and more protruding leaves from the cabbage.
2. Finely chop the cabbage with a sharp knife.
3. Peel the carrots and apples and grate them on the large vegetable mesh.
4. Put the shredded cabbage in the bowl
5. Sprinkle sugar, salt and a pinch of pepper, gently squeeze cabbage (it will become juicier)
6. Add lemon juice and vegetable oil.
7. Stir cabbage salad very thoroughly and put it in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
8. After this time, stir the salad again and check its taste. At this point, you can decide if you need to add more salt, pepper, or lemon juice to it.
Store the salad in a refrigerator, in a covered glass dish. It is tastiest on the second day after making it. You can keep it in the fridge for a few days. To make the salad slightly spicy, you can also add chopped leek, spring onions, chives or ordinary onions to it. Dill is the perfect addition to this salad. Additionally, you can also add a handful of chopped parsley. It also goes very well with the other ingredients.