5 garlic cloves, peeled
4 -5 long red chillies, trimmed
2 lemongrass stalks trimmed, outer leaves removed and sliced
5 cm piece fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
4 shallots, peeled and chopped,1 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 tablespoons oil.
800g chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
4 kaffir lime leaves
1 cinnamon stick
400 ml light coconut milk
200 ml coconut cream
100ml chicken stock
1 soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons g/f light soy sauce
2 tablespoons g/f fish sauce
400 g snap peas
2 red peppers cut into small pieces, trimmed
salt and pepper coriander leaves.
1. Put the garlic, chillies, lemongrass, ginger and shallots in a food processor to form a paste
2. Next, heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan
3. Tip in the curry paste with 1 tsp ground turmeric and stir over medium heat for a few minutes.
4. Add the onions and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
5. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add to the pan, stirring to coat in the paste.
6. Add the lime leaves, cinnamon stick, coconut milk, stock, sugar, soy and fish sauces and bring to the boil.
7. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook gently for about half an hour or until the chicken is tender.
8. Taste, add salt and pepper if you think it's needed.
9. Add the snap peas, peppers pieces and cover for another few minutes until the vegetables are tender.
10. Finally, add a handful of g/f noodles (cooked). Stir to combine altogether and enjoy.