1.5 kg of zucchini (approx. 4 )
1/2 kg of onion
1 and 1/2 tablespoons of salt
3 tbsp mango chutney
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of vinegar (spirit or apple cider vinegar)
1 teaspoon of sweet paprika ,
1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
400 g of tomato paste
1. Wash the zucchini, trim the ends and peel them.
2. Cut into pieces and remove seeds if present.
3. Grate on a larger mesh grater, put in a larger bowl.
4. Peel the onion and grate it or crush it in a mixer.
5. Combine with zucchini, adding salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for approx. 6 hours.
6. After this time, put it into a pot, add sugar and bring to a boil.
7. Cook over a moderate heat, uncovered, for about 1/2 hour, stirring every now and then.
8. Add vinegar, paprika and freshly ground pepper. Stir and cook for approx. 15 minutes, uncovered.
9. Add the tomato paste and mango chutney, mix, cook for about 5 - 10 minutes, covered. Mix with a blender.
10. Put the hot ketchup into dry jars, close and pasteurize (e.g. in an oven, in boiling water or turned upside down, cover and leave to cool completely for 24 hours)
You can also add 1 apple (peeled and grated) and curry powder (1 teaspoon).