1 packet gluten-free, vegan tortellini
2 bunches Broccolini (about 1 pound total)
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 cup water
Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
1. Cook tortellini
2. Drain tortellini from water and leave them on side
3. Rinse the Broccolini under cool water and shake off the excess water.
4. Trim about 1/2-inch off the bottom of the Broccolini stems and cut them in small pieces
5. Heat the oil in a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat .
6. Add fresh garlic cut into slices, fry until golden colour
7. Add the Broccolini and sauté until the Broccolini is bright green and some of the stems and tips of the florets are lightly charred, 5 to 7 min
8. Lower the flame and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
9. Add to tortellini and gently mix together
10. Add 1 tbsp extra olive oil if is to dry