6 (or more) garlic cloves
3 courgettes (zucchini)
2 eggplants (depends on size )
3 red peppers
3 yellow or orange peppers
5-6 large tomatoes
herbs: basil, parsley, rosemary, marjoram, thyme, oregano (or 2 tbsp mixed herbs)
1. Chop the onion finely
2. Mince garlic
3. Dice the aubergines and zucchini
4. Cut the peppers in half (then clean the seeds), then cut them into chunky pieces.
5. Scald the tomatoes with boiling water, remove the skin and cut into large pieces.
6. Warm up the olive oil well, add the onion and lightly brown it.
7. Then add eggplants, zucchini, peppers, garlic and tomatoes at intervals of a few minutes.
8. Add the herbs, salt and pepper.
9. Stew on a small flame for 30-40 minutes.
10. Serve with freshly baked bread, pasta or rice