Grated zest of 1 orange, plus 3 tbsp orange juice
300g Gluten Free Plain Flour
2 level tsp Doves Farm Gluten-Free Baking Powder
1 tsp mixed spice
1 level tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 ½ level tsp Xanthan Gum
3 large eggs
250g light brown soft sugar
215ml sunflower oil
250g carrots (grated)
100g butter (softened)
100g icing sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
Few drops of vanilla extract
1 packet G/F Angel Delight Butterscotch.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3.
2. Grease a large baking tray and line the base with baking paper.
3. Put the orange zest in a small bowl with the juice and set aside for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder, mixed spice, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda and Xantham gum into a bowl.
5. Put the eggs in another large bowl with the sugar and whisk for a few minutes until the sugar starts to dissolve.
6. Add the oil and whisk for a further few minutes.
7. Stir in orange zest and juice, carrots and flour mix.
8. Put in the baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
9. Leave in the tray for 10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
10. Meanwhile, make angel delight butterscotch cream using instructions from the package.
11. Once the cake is cold cut it into 3 even portions and layer them with angel delight cream. Finish it whichever way You like.